White Flowers - White roses, White pansies and More


Here's a tip:  Spring planters filled with white pansies are a STAND OUT!

Who would think that simple white pansies would be so remarkable? 

'
from Plant Me Now site


 

Amidst nascent green foliage and gray spring skies these white petalled flowers sparkle and shine to such a degree that you have to smile

...and I am not the first to discover white's compelling brilliance.

photo courtesy of gardeners world


Vita Sackville West, the erudite English gardener (who became famous for her White Garden in her estate, Sissinghurst)  said it best,

"White flowers are anathema to all but the oldest and most sophisticated of gardeners."


This is a very sly way of saying that if you like white flowers you are are so cultured and tasetful.


...so there you go! I must be very classy because I fancy white pansies,white gardenias, white euphorbia, white lilies and white roses.

Euphorbia Diamond Frost ( deer resistant) courtesy: Proven Winners


Bacopa Snowstorm courtesy: Proven Winners

(BTW, the above quote was the impetus for the name 'White Flower Farm'...which is an outstanding mail order nursery..check them out. )
 
 
So to share my delight here are some white flowers you might consider for your plot:

White Chiffon Rose of Sharon - Proven Winners


Rockapulco White Impatiens - Proven Winners


Snow Cone Shrub Rose - Jackson and Perkins


Bridal Veil Astilbe - White Flower Farm
 
Kousa Dogwood flowers - photo by Jan Johnsen
















Comments

  1. Beautiful! I also love white Scaveola with white lantana in containers.
    Thanks for another inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using white flowers. I like to tuck white impatiens in shady gardens. It creates a little accent; a bit of sparkle in a dark corner. If I tuck them in under hostas, or between other plants, you aren't so aware of the flower, but of the spot of light it creates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! I also like white New Guinea impatiens - they make quite an impact on a full moon summer night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great white flowers...I love my white garden and it is just starting to bloom...

    ReplyDelete
  5. White flowers serve to accent the other colors within the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well--today I planted fifty vinca minor Alba. I have lots of the standard blue.

    I also have a White Chiffon rose of Sharon with a white clematis on a section of my front bank.

    Some white is essential in the garden, and Diamond Frost makes it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see a photo of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! I also love Moonflowers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear from you....

Popular Posts of all Time

Angelface Blue and Dark Violet Angelonia - a Flower that Keeps Giving

Planting Design for Dry Gardens by Olivier Filippi

'Purple Smoke' - The best Baptisia

No-Fail Tips for Turning Hydrangeas Blue!

Repurposed and Recycled - Creative Ideas for Garden Design

The Magnificent Purslane - Edible Landscaping at its best!

My one day Class Wednesday April 16 in NY - Jan Johnsen