Great Garden Ideas - #4 of my Facebook Postings


Serenity in the Garden is my way to gladden someone's day and to share my wonder at people' s creativity and Nature's beauty.

photo by Jan Johnsen

Nov. 11, 2012 - I worked in the gardens of Mohonk Mt. House (a hotel) decades ago. Still one of my favorite places! In New Paltz, NY. I took this photo of their unique rustic gazebos that border Mohonk Lake.





Nov. 9, 2012 - "Much patience required. VERY steady hands, heartbeat, breathing, one’s entire being.. required." - Michael Grab (shown here with his creation). http://www.gravityglue.com/



Nov. 8, 2012 - Do you know what is missing in this Zen inspired sand garden? a leaf. lying haphazadly atop the sand. ah, so.


Nov. 7, 2012 - Why not a 'poetry wall' garden? this is in Brooklyn, NY. Design by Terrain.. http://www.terrain-nyc.net/


photo by Jan Johnsen


Nov. 6, 2012 - Look carefully - this is a photo on a banner affixed to a plain wall - makes it look like a real cascade! I took this from my car. Michael Krondl, artist.




Nov. 5, 2012 - Russian Sage is deer resistant and adds a light blue softness to other flowers.
Russian Sages mixes with Stargazer Lilies and more....a close up of a flower border that is part of a pool landscape that Johnsen Landscapes & Pools designed and installed.
Nov. 4, 2012 - I would love to sit here next spring and host a garden party...Pavillon de Galon in Provence. http://www.pavillondegalon.com/en/gardens/

Comments

  1. I really wana thank you for providing such informative and qualitative material so often.
    greenhouses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would simply say to you all “awesome information”.
    greenhouses blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear from you....

Popular Posts of all Time

Angelface Blue and Dark Violet Angelonia - a Flower that Keeps Giving

Planting Design for Dry Gardens by Olivier Filippi

'Purple Smoke' - The best Baptisia

No-Fail Tips for Turning Hydrangeas Blue!

Repurposed and Recycled - Creative Ideas for Garden Design

The Magnificent Purslane - Edible Landscaping at its best!

My one day Class Wednesday April 16 in NY - Jan Johnsen