STAIN A GARDEN BRIDGE OR NOT?

Coral Coast Bridges
So you place a lovely garden bridge in your garden..

now the question arises: to stain it a color or not?

Most people are inclined to say, 'let's let it turn gray naturally'....

But what about staining it with a wood stain in the color of gray or brown? is that better? 

Coral Coast Bridges say: 'Make your backyard or garden as pretty as a painted picture with a Bridge stained Dark Brown Stain.'






You can stain it a color or treat it with clear weather treatment, or both. I like the look of a stained, treated bridge. It lasts longer.  See above for a good comparison.

So here is are 2 photos below of a bridge I placed in a landscape over a stream I created. 

The one on top was 'before', the one on the bottom is 'after'...

Which Do You Like? Let me know.


BTW, the client always wanted red but I resisted....not brave enough, I guess. 


Jan Johnsen -  garden bridge before staining 




Jan Johnsen - garden bridge after staining 

And if I were brave, here is what a red bridge looks like. I think it was the preservative treatment that made them look red  (similar to why we have red barns) in the old days. This is in Japan:


shinkyo bridge 

A red bridge is so striking. I must garner more courage.....






Comments

  1. Everyone has there choice and liking but I'll like if its kept there for long time and let it get stained

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stained it...it weathers better than way...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear from you....

Popular Posts of all Time

Angelface Blue and Dark Violet Angelonia - a Flower that Keeps Giving

Planting Design for Dry Gardens by Olivier Filippi

'Purple Smoke' - The best Baptisia

No-Fail Tips for Turning Hydrangeas Blue!

Repurposed and Recycled - Creative Ideas for Garden Design

The Magnificent Purslane - Edible Landscaping at its best!

My one day Class Wednesday April 16 in NY - Jan Johnsen