Creating harmony, simplicity and peace in the landscape......

"Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help.

Gardening is an instrument of grace. " - May Sarton

________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My book is out! Thoughts on this fateful occasion...



My book has shipped from Amazon and yesterday was the first day people received it!

 I have to admit that I am ecstatic. It has taken me eight years to write this book and get it published.  I have met and surmounted all the obstacles. I am so happy. 

Chapter: The Magic of Water from Heaven is a Garden
I was told over and over by various publishers that I had no 'platform' and that my subject matter was not of interest to others. But I knew in my heart that I had something of value to share with others. St. Lynn's Press agreed with me - thank you St. Lynn's!

This morning I read Wayne Dyer's latest posting and it struck a chord. I have abridged it tremendously in the interest of brevity.

Here is a very abridged excerpt from Wayne Dyer's new book, "I Can See Clearly Now " :

click here for his website

"My agent and publisher both feel that we’d have runaway bestsellers if I authored books on money and sex, and all concerned would harvest a financial bonanza.....

immediately tell him [the agent] that there’s no way that I am interested or willing to undertake such a proposal... I explain that the talks I’ve been giving in spiritual gatherings for the past year have led to my fascination with the idea that individuals are capable of achieving a kind of God-realization if they change the way they think....

Artie is beside himself in frustration with me... 

I say I’m sorry, but I can’t let money or status or anyone else tell me what to write and speak about....


William Morrow agrees to be the publisher for my next book, but they offer no advance against royalties [I can relate] ...

I am undaunted. I know what I want to write about, and I feel the presence of something Divine whispering to me that I’ve made the right choice..."


Wayne Dyer




I heard those whispers too...there was no choice. And I am so glad that I did not give up even at the bleakest moments. This is for anyone else who feels the same way - keep doing what you believe in, those whispers are not wrong.