The ASTERISK - This Garden Writer's View


As is apparent, I enjoy writing about gardens, plants, landscapes, design, color and 'big picture' ideas.

I also like to explore the intersection of the art of writing and the art of gardening....

this particular interface is not well known - but you can see it clearly in the little punctuation mark called,


THE ASTERISK
The term asterisk comes from Latin 'asteriscum' which means  "little star". It is is a typographical symbol that resembles an image of a star...

but I beg to differ, I think it resembles a FLOWER!

and so I would like to think that all those footnoted sentences have little flowers behind them...and why not draw little flowers within our sentences? better than smiley faces, yes?

So here is my paean to the lowly Asterisk...may you always see a flower when you see one.










 






anemone blanda by Jan Johnsen

Anemone blanda
These spring-blooming bulbs have daisy-like flowers in blue, purple, pink, or white. The foliage is fern-like. The plant grows three to nine inches tall and has a spread of three to six inches. Plant some bulbs (really corms) now for spring!


Comments

  1. Asterisks are shaped like flowers. And I agree that instead of using smiley, why don't use asterisks to indicate a flower. Flowers add beauty to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! more asterisks please....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear from you....

Popular Posts of all Time

Angelface Blue and Dark Violet Angelonia - a Flower that Keeps Giving

Planting Design for Dry Gardens by Olivier Filippi

'Purple Smoke' - The best Baptisia

No-Fail Tips for Turning Hydrangeas Blue!

Repurposed and Recycled - Creative Ideas for Garden Design

The Magnificent Purslane - Edible Landscaping at its best!

My one day Class Wednesday April 16 in NY - Jan Johnsen