Garden Photo of the Day - Before and After

I am a landscape designer by profession and a writer by avocation (see my book, Heaven is a Garden).   I love to share what I do to inspire others to try their hand at working with the earth.

I also love rock outcrops and show them off if I can...rocks resonate and 'ground' us in the most subtle way.

Here is a recent project - 2 weeks ago.

Jan Johnsen - During


Jan Johnsen - After

After this, I placed an 'Orange Dream' Japanese Maple in the bare, open space to the right of the steps...a work in progress.






Comments

Popular Posts of all Time

Angelface Blue and Dark Violet Angelonia - a Flower that Keeps Giving

Planting Design for Dry Gardens by Olivier Filippi

'Purple Smoke' - The best Baptisia

No-Fail Tips for Turning Hydrangeas Blue!

Repurposed and Recycled - Creative Ideas for Garden Design

The Magnificent Purslane - Edible Landscaping at its best!

My one day Class Wednesday April 16 in NY - Jan Johnsen